Duarte is hosting a Gamestorming Workshop and…
On July 22, 2011 at our Mountain View offices, we will be hosting Sunni Brown and Dave Gray who will be facilitating a workshop based on their book Gamestorming.
XPLANE made a video that describes the story and practice of Gamestorming.
And the endorsements aren’t too bad either:
“Everybody knows the problem: We need to be more innovative. Now we’ve got the solution: Gamestorming. This smart, fun, hands-on book will energize your brain and mobilize your creativity–and do it using stuff you already have in your supply closet!”
–Daniel H. Pink, author of Drive and A Whole New Mind
“At Zappos, one of our core values is to ‘Be Creative, Adventurous, and Open-Minded.’ “Gamestorming” is a great how-to manual for achieving that.”
–Tony Hsieh, author of NY Times #1 Bestseller Delivering Happiness and CEO of Zappos.com, Inc
Who can benefit from the Gamestorming workshop?
If you nod in agreement to any of the descriptions below, this workshop will be of real value to you.
- My organization rarely runs effective meetings. We often leave meetings wondering what just happened and why we were asked to attend.
- People in my company talk about innovation but few people know any real techniques. We could improve in so many areas – team performance, strategic planning, customer service – if we knew how to visualize and manipulate complex information.
- I need to get good thinking from my people in a short period of time, but I don’t have the bandwidth to learn the nuances of meeting facilitation. Somebody help me.
- My employees live in organizational silos. It’s a constant struggle to get coordination and innovation across divisions.
- I want my company to be leading in the marketplace, not following. I need to learn the secret sauce of Silicon Valley pioneers.
What are some of the topics covered?
A peek at the “How-Tos” you’ll learn and be able to take back to work:
- How to design meeting agendas that drive you to a desired outcome
- How to use simple visual language to increase comprehension and retention
- How to apply improvisational discovery to keep participants physically and mentally engaged
- How to map systems, visualize process problems and innovate as a team
- How to use visual meeting artifacts to give decisions forward momentum
Gamestorming gives you the secret sauce, my friends.
LOCATION: Mountain View, CA at Duarte Design
DATE: July 22, 2011 (overflow day July 21)
TIME: 9 am – 5 pm
COST: $675 (includes breakfast, lunch, a copy of Gamestorming and all workshop materials)
Click here to register for Gamestorming.
Get insights in your inbox
Communication tips, tools, and resources.