Unlock the Power of the Persuasive Presentation
Watch Nancy on the TEDx Stage
You have great ideas in your head—and those ideas can change the world. But, if you can’t express yourself and convince people to believe in what you do, your dreams may never become fully realized. Luckily, though, there’s a dependable tool you can turn to again and again to reliably change beliefs and inspire action—and that’s the presentation.
Presentations that have a 3-act story structure, and they place the audience at the center as the hero, regularly change minds, spread ideas, and even start movements.
In this TEDx talk, our CEO and presentation guru Nancy Duarte reveals what she’s learned over her years of studying the world’s most powerful and persuasive speakers and explains how you can apply that to your own talks.
In this video, you’ll learn how to:
- Use a 3-act structure to grip and engage
- Put listeners at the center of your presentation so your message is relatable
- Structure your talks like those of history’s most powerful speakers
- Motivate listeners by comparing the status quo to a bright future
- Craft a call-to-action that moves people to action
- Use repetition to boost retention