Presentations use insights from myths and movies in several ways:
- There’s a likeable yet flawed hero attending your presentation.
- A presentation should take the audience on a journey from their ordinary world into your special world gaining new insights and skills from your special world.
- The presentation audience makes a conscious decision to cross the threshold into your world; they are not forced.
- The audience will resist adopting your point of view and will point out obstacles and road blocks.
- The audience needs to change on the inside before they’ll change on the outside. In other words, they need to alter their perception internally before they change the way they act.